In 2024, the king of marketing is ________

Emmanuel Nwosu
11 replies
Imagine the world split into different parts with each world existing independently of the other. And as a marketing professional, only one marketing form existed in one part of the world versus another. E.g., In Earth A, only email marketing exists; nothing else. In Earth B, only community-based marketing exists; nothing else, etc. Where would you rather be dumped in that would still guarantee your product marketing success?

Replies

Alex Bozhin
I see that marketing departments are being cut and sales departments are being increased. Dozens of examples. The cost of marketing is rising so much that it is more profitable to sell directly.
Emmanuel Nwosu
@alexbozhin I see that too. And I just start to wonder when ever did the faith in marketing start to dwindle. I think it's because many founders see marketers essentially as business developers (not in title, but in the essence of what they're supposed to achieve) versus a medium to link with customers. Marketing outcome is slow but sales is fast. So founders see it as expense rather than an investment. S/O to founders who still put their faith in solid marketing.
Alex Bozhin
@emmanuelnwosu I think so. Another factor is that marketing is becoming more expensive. And strongly. And it simply becomes economically unprofitable.
Roman Коltsov
I've voted for community, but I wanted to expand my answer here. IMO, community + AI + micro influencers is a killer combo, and this is something we will be seeing more of this year and in 2025.
Emmanuel Nwosu
@koltsov I see it too. But what role does AI play in this setting? Community management?
Michael Shver
I think that at this point community is key to everything these days, but it's really important to build a relevant one. I've already seen many people on Twitter complaining about building community, but not finding a target audience in it. So there is some connection between content and community to build the right presence for yourself to attract the right people. By the way, about the community, we've launched today in the Product Hunt community and would be glad if you supported our product! 😂👇 producthunt.com/posts/steerer
Emmanuel Nwosu
@michaelshver I agree. Content frankly exists everywhere. Building a relevant community is really hard and the other fact that it is hard to attribute business numbers/metrics to it makes it even harder. Congratulations on your launch too, I've supported you. Love to see it! 🚀
Yuki
Genuinely curious about other founders' take here. Seems like the best thing you can have is a community/channel that you own (i.e. not a paid distribution channel). But how do you ensure this is not attached to your own likeness, making your business exitable?
Ruben Boonzaaijer
community for sure ps. ringly.io is currently still live, your support would mean a lot to us!
Mojiboye Emmanuel Oluwole
I am not an expert in marketing but my thoughts are with a community driven marketing model, founders get to know their customers and really know what they need. Marketing to me is like a middleman and majority of them, they sell a product and pay very little attention to what the customers truly wants. The aim in marketing is to sell anything really, with a community driven marketing, the founders would be present and customers can get to know them more.