Do you like short or long-style newsletters?

Cameron Scully
27 replies

Replies

Felya Bilgen
short ones!!
Cameron Scully
@felicitias Any good ones that you follow?
Cameron Scully
@dan_o_malley What sort of content do you like to follow?
Cameron Scully
@dan_o_malley You've probably heard of https://growth.design/ then? Really great visual case studies
Marianna
Short ones! There is also a trend in Tiktok, Instagram and Youtube including "Shorts". This is because there are so many platforms and information online that it's easier to get your attention quickly than making you read a long story!
Cameron Scully
@marianna_nk True. How many words would you say? mines usually at 600-800. I am trying to reduce it, long-form is more natural for me
Marianna
@cameronscully_ Since my content is educational and informative, focusing on project management and wellness, usually my articles as well are around 550-750 words. I believe it depends on if its educational and will be longer or if its an announcement - presentation of a product - service where it would be shorter. Overall, 600-800 is not bad in my view.
Cameron Scully
@marianna_nk Yes definetely depends on the type of content, mines also educational marketing case study style content. I should of been more clear in my post.
Sawyer Wyatt
While some mailings are brief and sweet, some are lengthier and contain more information. Which look is your favourite
Nolan Wang
Seems like so many people prefer short ones, haha, but personally think long ones can be just as important. A quality short newsletter can actually be hard to craft if it is more than an aggregation of news headlines. The longer style gives room for personal credibility and brand building and allows for a deeper connection with readers. Set a cadence and would recommend a blended approach, a mix of short form and long form (less frequent)
Cameron Scully
@nolan_wang Haha yeah suprised, i usually find the most value through long-form content in my niche. I agree with mixing it up. i have marketing examples which are short-form and then case studies where its more in-depth, so i am sort of catering both sides at the moment.
Gia Quý Dương
Short-style newsletter
Salar Davari
Definitely short ones. I can't spend more than five mins reading a Newsletter.
Business Marketing with Nika
Short, ideally with small letters because then... the email looks like a short form :)
Cameron Scully
@busmark_w_nika if its a case study about a business, wont you find more value in longer newsletters?
Business Marketing with Nika
@cameronscully_ Only if it is something I am really interested in and the text needs to be divided into many paragraphs to make my attention not span.
Gregory Karfo
short for 100%
Cameron Scully
@benjamin_sloutsky nice, what sort of content do you follow?
Kirr Simakovs
Short with overview and long with more details. If short contains link for the full materials - perfect
Cameron Scully
@ksmnsnp So newsletter kept short as more of an overview for the blog post?